A new segment by PBS’ Ivette Feliciano explores how and why clothing for gender non-conforming people is on the rise.
Featuring our very own Handsome Butch on Tumblr.
Dulé Hill takes the #IceBucketChallenge
”I nominate Jaleel White, Lamorne Morris, Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson, James Roday, Andrew Porteous, and Georgia Maher. That’s right - I’m talking to you @TexasArtChick! I’m doing this for the late Andrene Dipronio, always love to the Gabay family!”
Yay! Dulé did the challenge and nominated his Psych co-stars!
For more information on ALS and how to donate, check out ALSA.org
I’ve been asked to compile a list of my favorite FREE fonts. So just a warning, this may get a bit lengthy.
SIMPLE: Justus, Adobe Caslon Pro Bold, Baskerville Serial, Baskerville Old Serial, Clarendon Light, Bodoni MT Poster, Angsana New Bold, IM FELL Types, Bodoni BE, Calendas Plus, Oranienbaum, Abraham Lincoln, Covington, Typography Times, Borgia Pro, Governor, Civita Light, Valentina, Interstate Bold Condensed, Univers Condensed Medium, Tommaso, Quattrocentro, Cassannet, Muchacho, Source Sans Pro, Otama, Leander, ChanticleerRoman, COCO, Oblik Classic, Calluna, Engebrechtre, Antique Book Cover, Elliptica, CF Paris, YoungSerif, Pure Thin, Old Standard TT, Oxford, Secca Std, Code, Edmondsans, Oil Can, Vevey, Alpha Headline, LugaBook, Marlboro
FANCY: Dubiel, Bodoni Svty Two, Brokgauz & Efron, Yeseva One, Schooner Script, Recorda Script, DaVinci Script Pro, Kawoszeh, Mimix, QumpellkaNo12, Gabriela, Age to Age, RoundHand, Bickham Script, Cylburn, Ekaterina Velikaya, Nouvelle Vague
FUNKY: Multicolore, Dia, Futuracha, Metropolis, Be Here Soon, Versa, Stitching, Bobber, TMC-Ong Do, Homestead, Telefono, Amadas Regular, Geared, Sequi, Imagination Station, Weston, Haymaker, Brush Strokes, Nougatine, Bioweapon, Frontage Outline, Tetra, Ribbon, Gado, Sail Away, Chapleau, Spring Cleaning, Fugitiva, BAMQ, Adec, Lovelo, Rubber Stamp, Up with the Birds, Langdon, Moonshiner, Carton, Valencia, Nelma, Riesling Regular, Colors of Autumn, Hyped, Men in Blue
(*** note: some fonts require a tweet as payment, but they’re all free.***)
ahhhh this is the problem w/ shipping something that first appeared like almost 14 years ago: there is so much shite out there. so much. just. so much. and then there’s all the stuff that was hosted on sites that have been deleted/purged, not to mention the fact that there are so many different ~periods~ for r/s to be written in, all of them with radically different feels/issues going on. it’s an absolute nightmare. no one in their right mind would dive blindly into the internet looking for r/s fic. SO LEMME HOOK U UP BABY
- being a historical record of the events surrounding the unfortunate truth-or-dare game of february the twenty-second, and consequences thereof — after shoebox proj, this is probably my utmost fave!!! basically they play truth-or-dare with veritaserum and remus blurts out that he fancies sirius and the fic is about, as the title says, the consequences thereof. it’s so great.
- i see a darkness — this is the sequel. do you know how many years i went reading the first one without realising there was a sequel??? so mad at myself forever. this is when they’re grown-ups (poa/gof/lie low at lupin’s era all the way up to ootp/post-ootp with flashbacks to the first war) and it’s fucking brilliant, trust
- fingerholds — this is set right after the first war w/ remus tottering off to magical university on his bill and various first war flashbacks. it’s good but really not cheerful in the slightest, as you can imagine.
- pair — sirius pretends to be remus’ boyfriend and speaks really bad french. pretty hilarious, from what i can remember. reaches the obvious adorable conclusion.
- monday’s child — just a lil bits & bobs first war fic.
- gasp — first war pwp!
- levity — first war, this is part of a series but from what i can remember the preceding ones are just a unnecessary build-up to this one.
- undercover — the problem w/ remus/sirius first-war fic is that two lads getting together in grimy late ’70s london is all very samey. what i’m saying is that i can’t remember what this fic is about, but it must be good because i put it on my delicious, so. this can be a surprise one!
- three weeks outside time — mwpp-era where sirius is staying with the lupins for the summer (i think). it’s cute (i think). a bit angsty (i can’t really remember).
- the problem with eggnog, uncommon thoughts and sharing a bed with sirius black— mwpp-era christmas pwp. cute. they’re all cute. so cute.
- heat the winter floods — first war era. cute. i have to stop using that word but shit i don’t know how else to describe these motherfuckers.
- redeeming time — mwpp-era, james pov. i definitely remember this one being brilliant, probably because it’s from james’ pov and i fucking love james.
- in curves, not angles — sirius and lily swap bodies while she’s pregnant with harry. it’s more james/lily than remus/sirius but it’s so, so, so, so, good. bonus: james/sirius!lily sex scene. ayo.
- a satyr against reason — the c-word that rhyme with shute. first war.
- map of the problematique — mwpp sharing a flat together. as funny and bizarre as you’d expect.
- happy to be your fool — i’m sorry but thIS IS SO CUTE I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY SIRIUS KEEPS PUSHING REMUS OUT OF BED IN HIS SLEEP “CUTE” IS THE ONLY WORD FOR IT!!!!
- a fearsome business — lie low at lupin’s i.e. my favourite ~time period for r/s!!! this is really good, from what i can remember there’s a kelpie and a village pub and a cute kid and stuff. i said cute again. fuck.
the truth is anon i can’t really remember what happens in half of these fics but i pulled them all off my delicious and i only save things that are quality cos i’m a fic elitist
you came to the right person what can i say
ENJOY MON PETIT POIS
dear straight people,
aye yo tumblr, we need to talk about how this slam poem will fucking change your life
Cool down art / pep talk