ANOTHER ANATOMY POST! Only three vertebrate groups have successfully evolved flight: Birds, Bats, and Pterosaurs, which are NOT dinosaurs, and are an extremely diverse group of reptiles! Pterodactyl is not the only one. However, birds ARE dinosaurs. Avian dinosaurs!
Wings are not some extra structure you tack on to a creature and somehow the arms go away— they ARE arms. Think about that when you are designing creatures with wings and also giving them arms. That means your creature has six limbs.
Next anatomy post: The anatomy and evolution of DRAGONS. If you guys have any requests, feel free to send them in!
Do you ever make a graphic and you get at the point where you have to choose a font and think “if only there were some way to get an overview of all the fonts I have already installed”? Well you can. At wordmark.it you just type in any word you want, it then shows that word in every font you have installed on your computer.
- Vanilla Anti-Anxiety Spell
- Anti-Anxiety Water Spell
- Anxiety Reduction Oil Blends
- Calming Chant
- Calming Pouch
- Calming Jar
- Harmony Chant
- Anxiety Relief Spell
- Restful Breathing Spell
- Freedom From Stress Spell
- Anxiety Removal Spell
- Relaxing and Soothing Bath
- Simple Calming Room Spell
- A Spell for Calming and Relaxing
- Earth Grounding Charm
- A Spell to Calm Overreacting
- Charm Bag for Stability
- Anti-Anxiety Orb
- Bathtime Ritual for Peace
- Winter (Snow) Spell for Anxiety
- Water Spell to Soothe Anxiety
- Worry Stone Enchantment
- A Witch’s Stress Relief Jar
- Lavender Peace Spell
I am very sorry, I fear we’re too late, but maybe these could help for future reference.
Natural hair color ideas and inspiration!
if anyone is sad
This teaches a very bad, very false lesson: that success in work mostly depends on natural talent. Unfortunately, when you are a professional writer, you are competing with all the other kids who were at the top of their English classes. Your stuff may not—indeed, probably won’t—be the best anymore.
If you’ve spent most of your life cruising ahead on natural ability, doing what came easily and quickly, every word you write becomes a test of just how much ability you have, every article a referendum on how good a writer you are. As long as you have not written that article, that speech, that novel, it could still be good. Before you take to the keys, you are Proust and Oscar Wilde and George Orwell all rolled up into one delicious package. By the time you’re finished, you’re more like one of those 1940’s pulp hacks who strung hundred-page paragraphs together with semicolons because it was too much effort to figure out where the sentence should end.
The Why Writing Is So Hard field of psychology is very interesting to me.
gpoy. fuck “natural talent” in its eyeball.
I had natural talent. And I am the worst procrastinator. Fortunately, there are Deadlines.
I think I’d read this before, but this part just grabbed me:
That was me, through and through, and I’m not even a millenial.(via roane72)
I made a mix of my favourite romance-related tunes Just Because.
this is probably the most self indulgent mix i’ll ever make
please listen to the mountain goats (i love them so much)
ten songs to give you a brief introduction to the mountain goats. not all songs are the most popular or ‘best’ (or even personal favorites), but I tried to give a fair overview of TMG’s (very large) discography
1. Golden Boy (Ghana, 2002) 2. Seed Song (Yam, The King of Crops, 1994) 3. Going to Georgia (Zopilote Machine, 1993) 4. No Children (Tallahassee, 2002) 5. Pseudothyrum Song (Isopanisad Radio Hour, 2000) 6. Up The Wolves (The Sunset Tree, 2005) 7. Cry for Judas (Transcendental Youth, 2012) 8. Pigs that Ran Straightaway into the Water, Triumph of (We Shall All Be Healed, 2004) 9. The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton (All Hail West Texas, 2002) 10. You Were Cool (Live at the Newport Folk Festival, 2013)